Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild is a non-profit, state chartered organization founded in 1969 by sixteen local artisans who wished to encourage and promote arts and crafts in the community. A Board of Directors oversees the operations of the Guild. Membership is open to professionals, non-professionals, artist, crafters, students and others who are interested in the arts. Individual, family and student members are available. We encourage you to join and become a part of making the Arts an integral part of life on the Grand Strand.
- Monthly meetings with informative and entertaining programs.
- A monthly newsletter which includes the Guild’s activities, opportunities and the personal awards and accomplishments of our members.
- The website with members’ information and links, applications and prospectus for our shows, resources and archives.
- Opportunities to support the Arts in our community.
- Affiliation with the oldest and most established arts organization in the Grand Strand.
- Opportunities to show and sell your work.
- The fellowship and sharing of like interests and goals with other members.
- Discount cards for specials at Office Depot.
- Discounts at The Art and Frame Outlet on George Bishop Parkway, they give members a generous discount on framing and framing materials.
- Discounts of 20% at Jerri Bob’s 1413 Hwy 17 S. Surfside Beach 843-215-1338 – just mention your membership. “They Pack, Ship, Design and Print It All”.
Our Annual Activities
- Two annual exhibits are presented each year: the Juried Show at the Art Museum of Myrtle Beach each May and a Members’ Show at the Seacoast Artist Gallery each October.
- The Juried Show is chosen from photos submitted by local and regional artists and fine crafters by an independent judge. The final judging takes place after the exhibit is hung.
- The Members’ Show is open to all WACG members in good standing. The works are judged after the exhibit is hung. A People’s Choice Award is voted on by visitors to the Show.
- For both shows, The Best of Show is awarded the Rebecca Randall Bryan Award, in honor of Ms. Rebecca Bryan for her loyalty and generous support of the Guild. Her wish is for the preservation and the future of the WACG. These annual shows have been a tradition in the Myrtle Beach area with WACG for over 40 years and are enthusiastically attended by large audiences interested in original visual arts and find crafts. Our members work includes: oils, acrylics, watercolors, color pencil, batik, collage, mixed media, fabric, quilting,
photography and 3-D works.