Art in the Park is the area’s premier outdoor art show and sale, hosted by the Grand Strand’s oldest operating arts and crafts organization, the Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild (est. 1969). From 1972 to now, WACG, Art in the Park has hosted artists, working in a range of mediums, from all over the country to increasing success.
Art in the Park has two venues:
Chapin Park (since 1972):
Located just a couple of short blocks to the beach.
1400 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach
Dates: One weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in April, June and November (see below for specific dates)
Time: 10am to 4pm
Valor Park (since 2000):
Located in the desirable Market Common development
1120 Farrow Parkway, Market Common, Myrtle Beach
Dates: One weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in April and October
Time: 10am to 4pm
- Art in the Park is an artist run venue, held 6 weekends a year in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It is a popular destination for artists and customers alike.
- Artist may submit only original work and high quality prints or casts of their original work, we accept no resale items and no items that fall outside of the visual arts and crafts category.
- Visual art, as defined here includes (but is not limited to): painting, sculpture, Woodworking, photography, jewelry, fabric, glass, metal, pottery, stone and mixed media works.
2018 Art in the Park Dates:
10 am – 4 pm, Saturday and Sunday
April 7th & 8th – Valor Park, Market Common, Myrtle Beach, SC
April 14th & 15th – Chapin Park, 1400 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC
June 23rd & 24th – Chapin Park, 1400 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC
October 6th & 7th – Valor Park, Market Common, Myrtle Beach, SC
November 3rd & 4th – Valor Park, Market Common, Myrtle Beach, SC
November 10th & 11th – Chapin Park, 1400 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC
Download Artist Exhibitors List Here:
To participate in Art in the Park Download the mail in application here, or fill out the online application below.
Please Contact JoAnne Utterback at: 843-446-3830 for more details or to submit a mail in application
Art in the Park has been a favorite of the public since 1973. It is our desire to maintain the high standards expected by our fans. Therefore ALL exhibitors are requested to abide by the following guidelines:
- All work exhibited must be original work created by the displaying artist without the benefit of purchased, reusable molds, kits or commercial mass production processes.
- The prominent display of sale signs or the use of any signage pertaining to clearance or end of show specials is prohibited.
- Reproductions of work created by the exhibitor are allowed but are not to exceed 50% of the total exhibit for exceptions, call JoAnne Utterback 843 446 3830. Some art types are excluded from this.
- All exhibitors must have completed the application and jurying process to the satisfaction of the jurying committee. If while at the show the judge changes his mind about the quality of the work you will not be invited back. We have limited space and we would like to see the quality of the overall show grow upwards.
- All work must match photographs and other materials provided the jury.
- Vehicles are not allowed in the park itself.
- Spaces measure 10ft x 10ft and exhibitions must not exceed the allowed space in anyway. If you need more space call JoAnne Utterback 843 446 3830
- Exhibitors are not to begin packing or otherwise dismantling their displays before 4:00 PM.
- Exhibitors should be prepared to protect their work from bad weather. They are asked to stay with their displays during a light rain but may seek shelter in severe weather.
- Guild Members have an opportunity to share one of (2) two free spaces available for each Art in the Park, if there are at least three paid members sharing the space. Each member can use the benefit only twice within a year. If you have already used that benefit twice in one year, you will have to pay the full member price to be in the other shows.
- A 6% sales tax must be collected by all exhibitors and remitted to the state of South Carolina. Sales tax licenses are the responsibility of the exhibitors.
- Failure to comply with the above stated rules will result in being dismissed from the show and excluded from future shows. No refunds will be made in the event of dismissal or exclusion.
Include with application: 4 photos of work, 1 photo of display with work in it, self-addressed stamped envelope large enough to return photos, and
TWO CHECKS MADE OUT TO Waccamaw Arts & Crafts Guild.
Mail to JoAnne Utterback, P.O. Box 1595, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-1595